As there is tens of different insulation materials there are also tens of different ways of installing. There are certain tips for installing every material.
We have listed some of the important tips and recommendations for you:
- when installing fibreglass insulation, always wear protective clothes, goggles and a mask to avoid the beads and dust of fibreglass from irritating your skin, eyes and respiratory system.
- Do not use flammable insulation materials around bare electrical fixtures, lighting devices etc as that may cause fire hazard.
- When installing blanket insulation which is packed in rolls, do not open the pack before you have transported it to the place where you will need it as fibreglass is packed very tightly together and may expand even up to 1000% when opened;
- Avoid loose fill insulation from getting into the ventilation system and into contact with heat and hot devices;
- Do not forget to install insulation around windows and doors including attic doors as most of the energy and heat escapes especially through these openings;
- When planning on installing plastic foam insulation, consult an expert as it is not recommended to install it alone.
- Last but not least – always follow the instructions the manufacturer has included with the product!